Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I do, now what?

Two years ago in June, I married my husband Nick during an intimate wedding in the Botanical Gardens. Surrounded by friends and family, we exchanged words of commitment. It was in that moment, I knew every adventure and every challenge I would face, I now had my best friend by my side.

Two days after the wedding, with all our stuff in one car, we traveled across the country and settled in sunny, warm, San Diego. Paradise. We settled into our cute condo, slowly bought back all the essential items we needed, such as a french press, and began our lives as husband and wife.

Now, we both have jobs we love. I am a teacher, my husband is in his medical residency. We feel like we are playing grown up. We just bought our first house and we have to remind our parents weekly that we are not yet expecting a baby. If only they could come to love and appreciate their grand-dog Bauer more. We are settling in to our new lives as husband and wife, in a brand new city.

With the statement I live in San Diego comes many assumptions- Oh, you must be so happy all the time with that wonderful weather and those beautiful ocean views. Yes, I am happy but I am one of those types of people that is always reaching for more. I want to look back on my life and feel like I lived everyday and every moment with gratitude and appreciation. And in a new city, making new friends, being far from home, there are days I struggle. It takes work to think this way. This blog is to hold me accountable for my pursuit. It is to find out what makes me happy and fulfilled. This is a blog to follow for all of you who are in the stage of your life that comes after marriage, and before children. The stage that some do not explore as long as others. The stage that I felt didn't warrant a blog because what do I possibly have to say? Well, let's find out what unfolds!

If you are reading this, thank you already. I hope you stay on this journey with me and share your own journey of pursuit!





No comments:

Post a Comment