We are officially homeowners! Monday evening Nick and I met the sellers at the house for a key exchange. Throughout the entire process, I have developed a relationship with the sellers, who have lived in the house for 20 years. The passing of the keys was extremely emotional from our end, and theirs. We documented the moment and are so thankful that we not only ended up with a house we love, but we have a lasting relationship with the sellers, who are still in the same neighborhood. Lesson from buying: if you love a house, and the market is competitive, cover letters make you stand out from just being a number. It worked for us!
Neighbors keep coming by to say hi-even the postman stopped by this morning. I feel so grown up and at the same time grateful that I have a place I adore to call home. Nick and I worked tirelessly all week and the outcome had paid off. We are unpacked and settling in. We spent our first night there last night and let Bauer out into the yard this morning as the sun came up. Simple moments.
Now, in true Nick and Kirsten style, I am sitting in McDonalds at 9:00, taking advantage of late night wireless, so my husband can get work done. No internet at the house yet. After our late night snack, we are heading back to the apartment for one last load. I spent my afternoon today cleaning it while Nick built a dresser for 6 hours. Hard work does pay off though.
So now that my life is back in order and I can wake up tomorrow able to make coffee and find an outfit to wear, more moments in my pursuit are to come. More runs, volunteering and self discovery! Last week I volunteered at a food pantry and I can't wait to share that experience on here.
Goodnight!



Precious. I loved reading this!
ReplyDelete